Monday, April 16, 2007

Wow what weather

Another beautiful week of sunshine. I have been working from home most of the week and have managed some cragging in the sunshine as well as playing in the garden with the kids. On Thursday afternoon I joined up with Simon and went to Shorncliffe in the Wye Valley. Not a sould was about and the limestone reminded me of the sort you find in Spain - coarse and weathered - not the usual Symonds Yat polish at all! We did 3 routes but I can only remember the names of two of them - All for One and The Luaghing Cavaliers. The latter is a 3 star HVS 5b and was wonderful - one of my favourite routes in the valley.

Friday night was spent up at Bishops Cleeve and then Saturday afternoon Alec and I climbed White Knight, a 2 pitch HVS 5a, that was very sparse for protection and got me sweating! We then did an "Alec" route that was not in the guidebook but went at about VS4c over the roof of a cave - I will say no more!

Rob

No comments: