Friday, February 20, 2009

MIC Assessment

I have been doing my MIC assessment this week at Glenmore Lodge. The assessment spends 4 days in the mountains. We were in the Northern Corries on Monday being assessed on our winter mountaineering and on Tuesday headed over to Ben Nevis for a day of winter climbing. Sandy and I climbed Central Route (III, 4) in heavy thawing conditions but on good steep sticky ice, albeit a little damp! The last two days have been spent with 2 real clients in the Northern Corries teaching winter climbing, with of course an omnipresent assessor over my shoulder! It has been a really challenging and rewarding week and I am pleased to say that I passed. Thanks to Sandy and John (my fellow assessees) who have been great company and all of the staff at the Lodge for a great week. 
The conditions here in the Cairngorms have improved over the last 24 hours with the snow firming up nicely and the crags riming up again. The weekend is bringing another period of freeze/thaw cycles so the climbing should be great.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done on the assesment. Does that mean your prices are going up :-)