Wednesday, December 23, 2009

East Face of Tryfan







It has been an absolutely stunning day here in North Wales today with cold crisp temperatures, blue skies, sunshine and snow down to the road. Emily, Mark and I headed up Little & North Gullies on Tryfan (I/II) and descended the North Ridge (I). I have not done a genuine winter ascent of this route before and it gave a really great winter mountaineering route. Mark lead 4 good pitches and then I took us to the top and back down again. It was -2 degrees c when we got in the van at about 4:15 with a starry sky so it will be a cold one tonight. The snow is still unconsolidated and there is a good coverage in the gullies. It needs a thaw and re-freeze to make really good climbing but hey it will be a white Christmas!

Thanks to everyone for all of the lovely cards and the donations to SARDA aswell, have a great Christmas!

No comments: