Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lead climbing coaching





I have been out with repeat client Jason today and his belay bunny for the day, John. Jason booked me for a day of climbing coaching to crack the VS grade. He had never lead VS and was feeling nervous about doing so for the first time. We started the day off with a bouldering session at the RAC boulders where I provided some movement coaching before we headed off to the sunshine of Anglesey and Holyhead Mountain. I lead Black & Tan (VS4c) which Jason seconded in good style and so he then lead Tension (VS4b) with me alongside him on a rope offering support and advice. We then moved onto the New Boots area and again Jason lead Teaser (VS4c) and Birthday Passage (VS4c) with me alongside. A cracking day and really nice to see such great progression, well done Jason.

No comments: