Monday, June 07, 2010

Scrambling in Snowdonia




I have got quite a busy week this week as I have got a couple of courses running at the same time. Today I have been out with Barry, Peter, Gareth and Julian scrambling. Two of them are with me all week on my classic scrambles course whilst two of them are with me for two days on an intro to scrambling course. I also have Mick & Alex on a 5 day climbing course and they are out with fellow instructor and good friend Huw. I headed up onto Lliwedd today via the Gribin Ridge (1) and we looked at movement skills, management on steep ground, hazard awareness and emergency rope skills. It was damp for the middle part of the day but otherwise we had some nice sunshine and lovely views from the top. The rock was a little greasy underfoot at times though. Skye came out with us and enjoyed the day too! Huw took Mick & Alex to the Llanberis Pass and together they climbed Flying Buttress and Wrinkle and managed to stay dry all day!

No comments: