Wednesday, September 15, 2010

AMI Workshop for MIA Trainees

Yesterday I was out with Kate who is on my mentor scheme. Kate wanted a rock climbing day and with the wind and rain rattling the rooftops we headed to the climbing wall for the morning to do some movement coaching and belay skills. We then headed outside as the sun came out and climbed at Lion Rock with Kate leading and looking at stance management. As we finished our day my pager went off and I was soon being winched out of a Sea King over the Trinity Face of Snowdon on a rescue with the Llanberis Team.

Today I have been working for the Association of Mountaineering Instructors (AMI) on a workshop for trainee instructors preparing for their MIA assessment. Today was an open workshop with no set title and 6 trainees. They chose to do a mountain day looking at how to look after two clients on grade 2 and 3 scrambles. We worked in Cwm Idwal and got very wet but still had an enjoyable day with lots of learning!

No comments: