Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Advanced Scrambling Learn to Lead

I have been joined for 3 days by Ben and repeat client Charlie. I had to miss a day with them yesterday after being out all night with the Rescue Team and so friend and fellow instructor How Gilbert took them up Lockwoods Chimney in the rain whilst I caught up on some sleep! The pager went off again last night but I couldn't miss another days work so well done to the guys and girls that went out for a second 9 hour rescue through the darkest hours on our 100th rescue of the year so far.

Ben, Charlie & I spent the day in the Llanberis Pass looking at the technical skills involved in leading grade 3 scrambles, from gear placement to taking coils and abseiling safely off routes. It has been warm and dry and gave a great day out.





No comments: