Sunday, February 02, 2014

One of the reasons I love my job:

Hi Rob - Do please forgive my delay in getting back to you since saying cheerio in in Glencoe a week last Sunday. The passage of time has in no way dimmed the unbelievable pleasure I derived from you course. I enjoyed every minute of it, learnt so much and generally re-kindled my love of the hills especially when my winter activities had always been restricted to low level paths. That was until I joined you and a fine bunch of like-minded guys for our Saturday training day and our outing on the Sunday when we summited - my first winter ascent of anything - Buachaille Etive Beag in Glencoe which was simply magic. I merely wanted to record my thanks for the weekend and indeed your patience as I practised with varying degrees of success the ice axe arrest techniques. I appreciate there is more rolling around the snow to do before I have the thumbs up from you. Fear not I be back for more of the same! Your overall regard for safety and the professionalism with which you imparted these new skills was reassuring and easily absorbed. This added no end to the enjoyment of being in the outdoors in winter conditions and for that I thank you again.
For now, Rob, best regards.
Bob, Winter Skills Weekend Jan 2014

Read more testimonials here: http://www.expeditionguide.com/testimonials.php


No comments: