Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Advanced Scrambling Learn to Lead

I have been out with repeat client Mags today on the second day of an advanced scrambling learn to lead course. Yesterday she was out with Sam who took her to Tryfan Bach and together they looked at the nuts and bolts of gear placements and belays. I had a client cancel from this course and so the usual approach of getting people leading with me alongside can't happen but we improvised today in Cwm Idwal. We started off on the Idwal Staircase with me leading and Mags building her own belays/selecting her own anchors until I was happy to hand over the reins on this lovely grade 2 scramble. We then headed up into Cwm Cneifion and shared leads on the Cneifion Arete, by far and away the best scramble in Snowdonia! It has been sublimely warm, this summer has been amazing!







No comments: